Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Just a Little Taste

So, we did our weigh-in together, and took pictures of each other. Our general consensus was "WTF" when everything was said and done. It's a good thing we like ourselves, and each other. If honesty is the best policy and communication is the key to great relationships, well, we have great relationships. And that's all there is to say about that.

We have discovered that protein shakes are not exactly gourmet fare. People guzzle down these drinks all the time but they're freaking liars if they say those things are yummy. That being said, there are lots of things you can add to those shakes to make them a little more delectable.

Believe me, I have done it. I have researched the vast corners of the internet and found recipes to make things better.

I have discovered The Tastes of The Quest.

I will share these with you, sometime, but let it be known that I am not above trying anything to make protein taste better. So before long, I was telling the girls all about these recipes and then once kitchen duty paid off, inevitably asking, "Wanna taste!?" once I found some good prospects.

Oh yeah... "Gimme a taste!" was the reply.

So I was on a Taste Hunt. I found baking extracts and coffee flavour shots and powdered drinks and water flavourings, among other things.

I now have a "Taste This! Cupboard" where the goodies are located. I concoct recipes and try new drinks daily. We try just a little taste of just about every thing.

We are good for each other. We support each other emotionally, through everything. Good days, bad days, skinny days, fat days, weigh days, cheat days, cheat weeks, lying about cheating and even planning future cheating are all fair game for us. You need a good support system if major changes are going to work in your life.

That's the key to a great relationship: trust, communication and support.
And sharing your tastes.


No comments:

Post a Comment