Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Treadmill

The Treadmill is a demon.

First, running is hard. You might think it's all fun and games and easy because you did it when you were a kid, but when you don't do it for awhile, it's hard. It's tough.

Wearing shoes is tough, too, when you don't like shoes.

I figured there was no point to "diet" but there is all the reason in the world to make lifestyle changes, seeing as how I don't want to die and all. So I got a treadmill and a spin bike and figured I would change up my routine, starting with eating more protein and starting the Couch to 10K program. I want to run again. I like running. It's a good meditation when you get in the zone, at least that's how I remember it. Maybe I dreamed that part, I don't know.

I laced up my sneakers, got on my treadmill, started running... and busted up my toenail. Yeah, that's right. I ran my toenails right off my foot. W in T everliving F, right?

I tried Pair of Shoes #2. Still not happy. Off came the shoes. I don't like wearing shoes on the best of days, let alone on days where I actually have to do stuff. Barefoot was my last option unless I wanted to wear flipflops on the treadmill. Even I am not that crazy.

So off I went.

It was beautiful.

I ran, I soared.

Until about 20 minutes in when basically I was running on hot lava. Treadmills get pretty warm under those conveyer belts and that energy transfers up - - - into your feet.

Meanwhile, who in the world ever thought it would be a good idea to run on a conveyer belt?

So my feet were in a deadly inferno fire. But whatever, being the Buttercup that I am, I sucked it up and dealt with it. It was pretty good, overall.

I have tried shoes multiple times since. I still hate them. If my feet didn't melt every time I was given'er on the old conveyer belt, I wouldn't even worry about it. Looks like I have to go buy some barefoot running gear.

The Demon is not letting up with the lava. So I need lava shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment